On July the 21st all three of Crawford County’s main school districts – Crawford Central, Penncrest, and Conneaut, released a preliminary plan for reopening school this September. This Phased District School Reopening Health and Safety Plan is available for review on each school district’s websites and linked to on their social media pages, this plan will not be officially adopted until after the school boards vote to ratify it by the end of next week. Under the Phased Reopening Plan Crawford County’s school districts will be opening their classes to all students as long as the County remains in the Green Phase, but will continue to offer distance learning resources for children not comfortable returning to the classroom.
Here are some bullet points of the plan as it currently reads:
- *Masks will be required by all students during transport on school buses, vans, or any other vehicles provided by the schools; masks will also be mandatory when entering or exiting the school buildings and in some classrooms.
- If possible staggered bells will be used to limit the number of students moving between classrooms at any time.* Elementary recesses will be by classroom and not by grade.
- Students will be separated by a minimum six feet in the cafeteria and may be eating their lunches in classrooms to help with social distancing.
- Only students and staff are allowed in district buildings past the school office.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all classrooms.
- Physical Education Classes will be conducted with students and social distancing practices in place.
- No indoor chorus or band practice.