Northwest PA Moves to ‘Yellow Phase’
Welcome to the Yellow Phase, where aggressive mitigation replaces stay at home as the watch words for the prevention of COVID-19 spread. While Northwestern and North Central Pennsylvania are starting to reopen less a few counties, most of the rest of the state is expected to remain under stay at home orders until June 4th. Masks and social distancing are still required inside spaces shared with customers during this aggressive mitigation phase and gatherings of more than 25 people are still prohibited. Entertainment venues such as theatres and casinos remain closed for now and personal care facilities like exercise gyms, salons, and massage parlors are likewise not to reopen yet, and schools remain closed to in person instruction. Businesses not expressly to remain closed are allowed to reopen but are expected to follow a set of business and building safety orders to protect their customers and workers. Restaurants are not yet reopening their dining areas, but retail stores other than grocers are allowed to do business once more and its preferred that they eschew in person shopping for curbside deliveries where possible.
During the Yellow Phase of recovery the following restrictions are in place
Work & Congregate Setting Restrictions
- Telework Must Continue Where Feasible
- Businesses with In-Person Operations Must Follow Business and Building Safety Orders
- Child Care Open Complying with Guidance
- Congregate Care and Prison Restrictions in Place
- Schools Remain Closed for In-Person Instruction
- Stay at Home Order Lifted for Aggressive Mitigation
- Large Gatherings of More than 25 Prohibited
- In-Person Retail Allowable, Curbside and Delivery Preferable
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities and Personal Care Services (such as gyms, spas, hair salons, nail salons and other entities that provide massage therapy), and all Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters) Remain Closed
- Restaurants and Bars Limited to Carry-Out and Delivery Only
Guidelines for businesses that plan to reopen can be found below. Businesses that have questions about whether this guidance applies to them may contact the Department of Health at 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258).