A homicide trial in Beaver reached an unexpected conclusion Monday when Brandon Richardson took a plea deal.  The 32-year-old was accused of fatally shooting Brandon Everett and Lamar Seymour last year at a Sunoco in Beaver.  Richardson admitted to involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to up to two years in prison with the possibility of parole.  As seen in video of the incident, a group attacked Richardson December 14th of last year.  Afterward, Richardson went to his car, grabbed a handgun, and shot the men multiple times.

A former Vienna Township Ohio man awaits sentencing in federal court after authorities say he tried to meet a 14-year-old boy at his Hermitage, school hoping to have sex. 60 year old Jeffrey Judd pleaded guilty to one count of traveling with intent to engage in illegal sexual activity with a minor. The alleged incident took place in May of 2017. Judd faces a penalty of 30 years in prison, a $250,000, or both. Sentencing has been set for December 6th.

One person is recovering after a crash over the weekend in Butler Township.  It happened early Friday evening at the end of New Castle Road, where 60-year-old James Hall struck a retaining wall before ending up in a ditch.  There’s no word on what may have caused that crash.

The leaders of two Pittsburgh Jewish congregations are asking federal prosecutors to accept a life-in-prison plea deal with the accused Tree Of Life synagogue shooter Robert Bowers.  The two groups, New Light and Dor Hadash, are the congregations that used the Squirrel Hill synagogue.  In a letter sent to U-S Attorney General William Barr, the president of Dor Hadash said the plea deal would be in the congregation and public’s interest by eliminating a trial.

Residents of a Beaver County neighborhood are moving back to normalcy after an hours-long standoff.  Baden police say officers were performing a welfare check at a State Street apartment yesterday, when a man barricaded himself inside with a gun.  Neighbors were ordered to shelter-in-place during the ordeal which ended with the man’s apparent suicide.

California University of Pennsylvania is getting a one-point-three million dollar federal grant to help grad students focusing on battling the opioid crisis. The funds from the U-S Department of Health and Human Services will give 27 ten-thousand-dollar stipends to students working toward careers in drug addiction recovery and prevention, according to the Herald-Standard.  The funds will be distributed over three years and will also be used toward training in the community.

According to this week’s Triple-A East Central Gas Price Report the average price is five cents cheaper this week at $2.81 a gallon. In New Castle drivers are paying 2.72 a gallon while in Sharon the average price is nearly twenty cents higher at 2.91. The national average is $2.61, which is thee cents cheaper than last week, 17-cents less than a month ago and 22-cents cheaper than a year ago. A year ago the average in Western Pennsylvania was at 3.09 a gallon.

A 64 year old Mars resident has been sentenced to four years in prison after his conviction in connection with possession of child pornography charges. David McNally will also faces eight years of supervision after his release from prison. Federal authorities alleged McNally unlawfully possessed more than 500,000 still images and videos in computer graphics files depicting minor females, some of whom were under the age of 12 years, engaging in sexually explicit conduct. The incident took place back in 2015. The Pennsylvania State Police conducted the investigation

While up slightly month over month, Pennsylvania’s unemployment rate remains at its near record low.  Labor and Industry officials say the July rate was three-point-nine-percent, up one-tenth of a percent from the steady April to June rate.  That July rate is still down point-three-percent from one year ago.

An electrical source is being blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a New Brighton home.  Firefighters say the blaze broke out early yesterday inside an apartment house on Fifth Street.  Everyone inside the building was able to escape without injuries.